Mead Cup Winners have been announced! Check them out here!
Thank you from the Michigan Honey Festival!
We cannot thank each and everyone enough who came out the the festival, enjoyed the beautiful weather, the numerous vendors (who had no shortage of merchandise), and of course our great lineup of speakers and presenters!
Attendance records suggest on preliminary count that we doubled the amount who came through our front gates from last year, and we can't be any more thankful than that!
We also would like to thank the City of Frankenmuth for their kindness, and warm welcome for our second year in their town! Everyone from the Frankenmuth Chamber of Commerce, to the City offices, the police department, & the Bavarian Inn who made us feel a part of the community.
A special thanks not only to our sponsors (acknowledged below & scrolling above) but to individuals (& their businesses) who go out of the way to promote us, without thinking what's in it for them.
These special folks are:
- Tom Taylor (Lager Mill)
- Tom Wood (Sullivan's Black Forest)
- Dietrich Bronner (Frankenmuth Farmers Market & Bronners)
- Victoria's Connolly Victoria's Wine & Dine (Oxford Bistro)
- White Horse Inn (Metamora)
- Junction of Hope (Chesaning)
- Black Horse Tavern (Clio)
- Ken Schramm Shramm's Mead (Ferndale
- Clay Ottoni (S.E.M.B.A.)
- Lionel Grant (Shiawassee National Refuge)
- The Mead Mamma's
- Master Gardeners (Bev Kobylas & others from several chapters)
- WOJO's Garden Splendors (Kitty & Crew in Davison Mi.)
- OddFellows (Davison)
- The "Metal & Soul" Robotics team,
- Jay Czerwinski (Superior Lakes Mead)
- Maciej Halacziewicz (Arktos Meadery)
- Eric our Master Beekeeper who ever so carefully worked the bees to the amazement of all who watched him,
- All our volunteers who worked overtime to make sure it all came together!
Most of all we have to thank our special guest Marina Marchese (The "Honey Connoisseur") who took time out of her life to fly in just for the festival and delight us all in her extensive knowledge of the art of honey tasting! We hope we entertained her enough in our sometimes eccentric beekeepers ways!
With all the interest in the new Flow Hive, we thought you would like to see this invention that a patent was applied for and awarded in 1940! Want to see all the pages? Here are the individual ones. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 ENJOY!
The Michigan Honey Festival would like to express their sincerest thanks to the many fine businesses, bee clubs, and individuals for their continued support.
Without your generosity we could not continue our mission of education. Thank you!
Please go to our sponsor page, & patronize these businesses.
Most of all, thank them for their support of the Michigan Honey Festival!