Custom Hives need to be delivered to the Harvey Kern Pavilion between 9am & 10am on Saturday!
Custom Hive Contest Rules
Check out the pictures below to get some ideas for your custom hive!
There are some basic rules listed below that need to be followed to enter your hive. To Enter your hive fill out this form or we have them on hand at the Honey Festival Information table. The person entering hive gets a complimentary entrance to the festival!
- Hive needs to be at the Harvey Kern Pavilion on Saturday Aug. 6th between 9-10am Judging will be done by 3pm and hives can be removed after then.
- Entry forms found here or you can pick one up at the information table at the festival.
- Custom Hive has to be a functional hive. It will be able to support a colony of bees in the outdoors. This is our only real rule!
- No pornographic pictures, or offensive words allowed on the hives. This festival is a family event!.
- No previous winning hives allowed in contest again. Sorry, we need to let others have a chance as well.
- No bees allowed in hive to be judged. Not yet!
- Custom Hive contest is for fun, so have fun making it, and get a child involved with the project!
- Voting will be done by our "Celebrity" judges made up of our speakers and presenters.
- Winners will be announced at 4pm.
- Winners not only get bragging rights, cash prize of $250 (1st prize) $150 (2nd prize) $100 (3rd prize) & also will have their hive embedded onto the Michigan Honey Festival Annual Limited Addition mug shown below!
- To enter, you can download this entry form or bring it to the festival Saturday morning and we have forms there!
- For more info or to contact us about an entry, fill out the form below or email us. Thank you and good luck!
- FREE to enter! Even if you don't win, just have fun with it!