Our Mission Statement:
Our purpose as a nonprofit organization will be to educate the public about the role that the honeybee plays in our own existence. This is achieved through programs made available to the public with emphasis on educational programs starting at the elementary level and working with seminars, hands on demonstrations, through electronic media & a yearly Honey Festival.
What we support
Through support from donors like you and other various fundraisers throughout the year, we are able to continue our mission to support education. Below is where we have used those funds.
- 2013: The beginning. Roland Warner beekeeping club became the first recipient of the Michigan Honey Festival. The beekeeping group overseen by mentor Mike Wiltse a special education teacher helps students learn through group involvement.
- 2014: Aquinas college's newly formed beekeeping group was chosen by the board of directors of the Michigan Honey Festival to receive monies raised by a custom hive contest and other fundraisers.
- 2015: Dexter Elementary School's 5th graded class beekeeping club is this years chosen project. Please consider a small donation to help the children achieve their goals. Donations can be made at our purchase page under the heading of Sponsors. Thank you.
What the Buzz is all about!
Here's just a portion of what's in store for you at the Honey Festival!
- Date, Time, & Place: August 1st 2015 9am - 5pm Harvey Kern Pavilion on Weiss St in Frankenmuth. Location on map.
- Entry Fee(s): Adults 14 & up $5.00 each. Children 14/under free.
- Accommodations: Several area hotels. Click here for the complete Frankenmuth listing of lodging in the area.
- Things to do while in the Frankenmuth can also be found here.